Pages

Friday, January 24, 2014

The year of the destash.

So I went looking for a specific piece of fabric the other day. 
That lead me to realise how much fabric I actually have.  If we are talking metres/yards. There would be at least 200. (A conservative estimate  for sure)
I did not buy it all. I have been blessed to have been given a lot of it. So now to use it.
I started looking online for a new quilt cover for Zoe's quilt. I saw a lot of lovely designs, a few One Direction themes and then it dawned on me. I should make the quilt cover out of fabric I already have.
*Light bulb moment*
I bought a set of fat quarters of Amy Butler's fabric "Love" I had visions of making cushion covers and selling them at the markets but I got side tracked and at that project went on the back burner.  Along with so many other genius ideas.

So I cut into it last week and have started stitching today.  A simple 8 inch square design. The fabric is so pretty it doesn't need a complicated design.

I'll post the progress as I go.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog.
Comments are always welcome and appreciated.